Happy new year! We are excited to announce that APEX Office Print (AOP) 22.2 was released just before the year's end and is available for download at apexofficeprint.com!
This is a free update for all our users, cloud and on-premises (with a valid maintenance contract). You can view the full release notes here.
- New WebEditor: For our on-premises users, we have redesigned the WebEditor so that you can quickly test AOP features and get an overview of your instance. Easily combine templates, data, and files to test your reports and experiment with AOP features directly from the WebEditor, like PDF watermarking, form-locking, and password protection. Plus, keep an eye on how AOP runs with logs, statistics, and additional information on any errors.
- Add Files in Excel: You can now insert additional files into your Excel documents. PowerPoint, Word, and Excel documents are supported and will be represented in the output by an icon.
- Plug-in Enhancements: In addition to instrumentation improvements, the plug-in now allows you to disable a button and add a custom spinner or overlay while waiting for your report.
- Image Compression: Do you have large PDFs containing images? You can now reduce the size of your files by compressing the images. This feature is available when using OpenOffice as a converter.
- Enhancements, Bug Fixes, Performance Improvements & Updated Sample Apps: For the complete list, see the release notes.
New Cloud Regions
We've made it even easier to access our AOP Cloud Service by adding new regions! We have two instances in Europe, one on Amazon AWS and one on Oracle OCI, plus Oracle OCI instances in the US and APAC. Choose the region that is right for you by setting your AOP instance to use one of the following URLs:
- Europe (Amazon AWS, Dublin): https://api.apexofficeprint.com
- Europe (Oracle OCI, Frankfurt): https://api-eu.apexofficeprint.com
- US (Oracle OCI, Ashburn): https://api-us.apexofficeprint.com
- APAC (Oracle OCI, Hyderabad): https://api-apac.apexofficeprint.com
Oracle Marketplace Image
Our Oracle Cloud Marketplace image is now available. Using the image, you receive an OCI compute in one click with AOP preconfigured and running. The only thing you have to do is activate your license. No manual installation is needed.
We hope these improvements enhance your APEX Office Print experience. This year, our goal is not only to strengthen and solidify AOP but to bring you more opportunities for learning and understanding how to use the software to make your life easier than ever before.
We wish you happy and healthy 2023,
The AOP Team